Help WantedAuto Body Repair Technician
- Have 2 years experience in the trade.
- Provide quality work.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Have a positive attitude, self-confidence and take pride in work.
- Be willing to work as a team player!
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint.
- Follow supervisors' instructions as to which parts to restore or replace and how much time the job should take.
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Cut and tape plastic separating film to outside repair areas to avoid damaging surrounding surfaces during repair procedure, and remove tape and wash surfaces after repairs are complete.
- Prime and paint repaired surfaces, using paint spray guns and motorized sanders.
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas.
- Chain or clamp frames and sections to alignment machines that use hydraulic pressure to align damaged components.
- Fill small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents, using hammers.
- Remove damaged panels, and identify the family and properties of the plastic used on a vehicle.
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Remove small pits and dimples in body metal using pick hammers and punches.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window-and-seat-operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Clean work areas, using air hoses, to remove damaged material and discarded fiberglass strips used in repair procedures.
- Adjust or align headlights, wheels and brake systems.
- Apply heat to plastic panels, using hot-air welding guns or immersion in hot water, and press the softened panels back into shape by hand.
- Fit and secure windows, vinyl roofs, and metal trim to vehicle bodies, using caulking guns, adhesive brushes and mallets.
Performing General Physical Activities
- Apply adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings
- Build or repair structures in construction, repair, or manufacturing setting
- Clean work areas
- Mask vehicle body in preparation for painting
- Move or fit heavy objects
- Prime or paint vehicle or transportation equipment surfaces
- Repair sheet metal products
- Repair vehicle body parts
Compensation Package: We offer a competitive compensation package including starting pay rate, depending on experience & certifications, plus the following benefits: * Medical * Vacation Leave * Sick Leave * Paid Holidays
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.